Bow thrusters & Stern Thrusters are now an essential part of boating. They make docking and manoeuvring in any conditions a breeze ensuring your time on the water is a relaxing, safe & enjoyable experience.
Designed and manufactured by Vetus our high quality precision engineered Bow & Stern Thrusters to suit boats sized 5.5m (20 ft) to 43m(141ft). Thrusts from 25Kgf through to 550Kgf available in 12,24,& 48volt models as well as a hydraulic drive range.
We have a system to suit your boat!
BOW AND STERN THRUSTERS
A complete range of controls, joystick / button and or remote are available for single or multiple stations and each thruster is backed by a 3 year warranty.
Advantages of VETUS bow thrusters:
- A single propeller creates less flow disturbance in the tunnel
- The VETUS unique propeller blade design minimises cavitation noise
- Spiral gears minimise transmission noise
- The use of a flexible coupling between tail piece and motor eliminates vibration/noise
- All VETUS systems use a streamlined tail piece for optimum flow
- A strong synthetic propeller eliminates corrosion and reduces weight
- Systems are easy to install, supplied with clear installation and operation instructions
- VETUS systems use a new line of high quality aluminium control panels which are interchangeable with older panels
- All VETUS manoeuvring systems meet the EMC requirements
- Thermal over heat fuse
Tunnels are available in steel, aluminium or GRP (fibreglass reinforced polyester) to suit each thruster in their product range.
It is recommended that Vetus Bow & Stern thrusters are installed by a professional shipwright /marine electrician to maintain hull integrity & ensure optimum performance.
The required thrust force of a bow thruster is mainly determined by the shape and the dimensions of the boat’s superstructure.